Relevant Level 3 or equivalent qualification is mandatory
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business provide opportunities to gain the necessary skills and knowledge at both operation and strategic level in the business sector
Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Business have been developed to focus on:
- Providing opportunities for learners to gain a nationally recognised vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in business or progress to higher education vocational qualifications such as a full-time degree in business or a related area
- Providing education and training for a range of careers in business such as management, administration, personnel, marketing, accounting, and law
- Develop Cognitive skills of critical thinking, analysis and synthesis
- Enhance effective problem solving and decision making using appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods
- Promote skills including identifying, formulating and solving business problems
- Formulate effective communication, oral and in writing, using a range of media widely used in business e.g. the preparation and presentation of business reports
- Providing opportunities for learners to focus on the development of higher-level skills in a business context
- Providing opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
|Programme’s Title||BTEC HND in Business|
|Duration||24 Months (FT), 36 Months (PT)|
|Mode of Study||Full Time (FT)|
|Duration||24 Months (FT)|
|QCF Level||Level 5|
Candidates must have the following:
BTEC Level 4 HNC
The Edexcel BTEC Level 4 HNC in Business is a qualification with a minimum of 120 credits of which 60 are mandatory core unit credit. The Edexcel BTEC Level 4 HNC programme must contain a minimum of 65 credits at level 4.
BTEC Level 5 HND
The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND in Business is a qualification with a minimum of 240 credits of which 125 are mandatory core unit credit. The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND programme must contain a minimum of 125 credits at level 5.
- Qualification credit value: a minimum of 240 credits. (A maximum of 30 credits may be at level 6.)
- Minimum credit to be achieved at the level of the qualification (level 5): 125 credits.
- Mandatory core unit credit: 125 credits.
- Specialist unit credit: 115 credits.
- The requirements of the HNC have to be met.
- A maximum of 60 credits can be centre devised or imported from other QCF Edexcel BTEC Higher National qualifications to meet local needs. Level rules and mandatory core units must not be changed.
Home / EU Students
|Full-time||£6000 / Annum|
|Part-time||£4500 / Annum|
Please Note: All students are also required to pay a £220 (inc. VAT) registration fee for the awarding body (Pearson Edexcel)
There are currently two terms per year
Academic Year 1
Units: BEN/01 Business Environment, Unit 01OAB/ 02 Organisations and Behaviour and Unit 03 SSK/ 03 Study Skills Part-1
Units: MFR /04 Managing Financial Resources and Decisions – Unit 02, MKP /05 Marketing Principles and Unit 04 and MBA/ 06 Managing Business Activities to Achieve Results -Unit 15
Units: ACB / 07 Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business – Unit 05, QMB / 08 Managing Communications, Knowledge and Information – Unit 16 and HRM /09 Human Resource Management – Unit 21
Academic Year 2
Units: BDM /10 Business Decision Making – Unit 06, WLP/11 Working with and Leading People – Unit 14 /12, SBE/ Unit 33 Small Business Enterprise
Units: BS /13 Business Strategy – Unit 07, PPD/ 09 Personal and Professional Development – Unit 13 and SPO/ 14 Sales Planning & Operations-Unit 20
Units: RPO/16 Research Project – Unit 08, SSK – 2/18 Study Skills Part 2, and B-Eco/17 Business Economics- Unit 55